The All-in-one tool for work and business operations.
Image source: story set
In our ongoing ever-evolving journey of simple living, learning to discard and optimise based on growth, experience and purpose is important. A contributing factor to simplicity has always been innovation; presently, that is very much tied to tech.
Take, for instance, Netflix. With one payment, you get access to different genres of movies from different cultures for different age groups. That way, you don’t get to have different subscriptions and the best part, you can access everything from the comfort of wherever you are.
When it comes to business or managing a couple of people/teams, innovative ways to simplify the process cannot be overemphasised. You most likely need something to manage your finances with real-time insights to make better-informed decisions. You most likely would pay staff when you are not a one-man business. Even if you are, you need to pay yourself, outsource services and send invoices to customers. Not to talk of ensuring your business funds and assets remain trackable.
By the time you go through using spreadsheets, documents and the web, you definitely have a ton of documents in your file. You would agree with me, you need innovative ways to thrive productively. And if you, by any chance, can get one tool to manage your business, you sure would jump on it. Before promising you what’s not, here are things to look out for in getting the right management software for your business.
Features of an All-in-one Tool for Work and Business Operations
- Robust feature
- Multiple integrations
- Cloud-based system
- Centralised Database
- Web and Mobile interface
- Easy Migration
- Multiple Modules
- Multiple Support channels
- End to end encryption
- Ease of Use
- Robust feature: It wouldn’t be referred to as all-in-one if it wasn’t robust, now would it? The right software should fill a void by helping employees and HR connect and maintain active involvement in the company; even if they only step foot in the office once a week (or never). From point solutions that track engagement, manage timesheets to suite solutions that do everything from performance reviews to engagement surveys – it’s essential to assess the needs of your company and employees before choosing a solution.
- Multiple integrations: If the app is promising you all you need for operations, how about collaborations? The right software for your business needs to be one that can easily and securely integrate other apps for collaboration. Having as many important tools that can interact with one another will go a long way in putting off stress and helping your business stay ahead.
- Cloud-based system: With a cloud-based system, you don’t have to worry about hardware updates and upkeep; how? It’s flexible. Whether you’re in or out of the office, you and your employees can access your files seamlessly and securely from any web-enabled device. And if there’s a change or even a system crash, your files remain intact.
- Centralised Database: In aiding productivity, your data needs to be in one space where they can all interact seamlessly. This means whether you are handling teams, or managing assets, or generating invoices, or paying staff, or filing taxes or even generating documents, you get to do all that in one app. No need for separate logins or payments or having to input data separately. All your data is located, stored and maintained in a single location, making it easy for them to interact.
- Web and mobile interface: While most of your work might be done on your laptop, when you need to catch up or give a quick response using your phone, it should be clean and fully functional on mobile as well.
- Easy migration: Either you have your documents somewhere on the web or on your computer, you should be able to move them easily into the software.
- Pricing: Having multiple tools rather than an all-in-one tool means different payments and log in. A robust tool should not only provide over two tools but also charge a fair price.
- Multiple modules: No need for multiple logins, you should be able to manage core business operations in one place. This would definitely boost overall productivity and lead to an overall growth experience for your business.
- Multiple support channels: From round the clock in-app chats, calls, and mail responses, how-tos, demos and a rich resource page, you will get to learn and do business better when you use a tech solution.
- End-to-end encryption: Your business data and privacy should never be compromised. It should be saved in the cloud to be accessed regardless of what happens to the software or your device.
- Ease of use: When you’ve checked out most of the list above, that’s the right time to relax and ask a very important question that would balance the rest of the list. Will it be easy to use? It might give you all the functions you need and be reasonable enough as it concerns price. With a couple of demos and how-tos, you and every employee should be able to navigate seamlessly.
Don’t feel you need to stress out when choosing between a robust tool and multiple apps, then you should consider the following options first to clearly identify the differences and know which is a better idea that would not only save your business money, time, stress but also provide you with opportunities you might get nowhere else.